Hi all, I figured I'd write down how I have my new box setup configured in case it's helpful to anyone seeing the videos I've made.
All my videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/@jimmyw404/videos For posterity the previous thread is here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258
I typically switch up the characters I play each year to try out new things and move with the meta. For Night of Shadows I'm rolling with:
* Shadowknight (new!)
* Mage2 (new!)
* Mage3 (new!)
All the gear I have is group-gear. My warrior had all the chase gear but my shadowknight has almost all T2 Terror of Luclin gear.
I use an 34" monitor with 3440x1440 resolution similar to https://www.amazon.com/Alienware-Curved-NVIDIA-Edgelight-Monitor/dp/B07YLGH9Q5 and a Logitech G600 mouse https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Backlit-Programmable-Buttons/dp/B0086UK7IQ
I use the below software:
* Custom UI built on Sparxx: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PnuCt0PRMG_vCfu-9BQre4cky8wJsgMa/view?usp=sharing
My ISBoxer usage is fairly straightforward. I try to do 100% of my playing on the tank. I find that trying to be too ambitious with precise control over the non-tank characters only works on easy content, so I keep things simple where I can.
* All my characters have four primary "attack" buttons broadcast to each character, Q, E, 1, T
* I have two broadcast buttons that are hit at the start of most fights. They assist the tank and cast some prep actions
* I've got general overrides like a "pop burns" or "defensive cooldowns" button that is broadcast
* Each character has some other abilities that I can press using a special key on the main driver's screen that activate the other screen, like the shaman's slows, CC abilities, malo, group heal etc...
Edited, Dec 4th 2022 11:28am by Tuco