Game update coming tomorrow morning. To see a preview of what's coming, check out the test patch notes.
- Loading an equipment set now properly removes the appearance of an ornament from other items.
- Corrected an issue where identical augments would not load properly in an equipment set.
- The Northern Desert Outlook Device should now fit into the Teleportation Key Ring.
- Forsaken Weapon Ornaments no longer have a Free Storage tag.
- Charms available from Laurion's Song that are associated with Hunter achievements should now be calculating stats more accurately.
- The various Charms of Distant Echoes have had their type 9 augment slots replaced with a type 25 slot. Additionally, the various type 9 Shards of Distant Echoes augments have been changed into type 25 augments.
- Serene Pluot Fruit Splash and Serene Succulent Mango Iced Tea are no longer flagged as tradeskill items.
- A new recipe for Myrmidon's Sloth XIX using Laurion's Song items has been added.
Quests & Events
- Fixed spelling errors in the Final Fugue mission.
- Reduced the damage done by non-raid NPCs in the Return of Kanghammer instance.
- Year of Darkpaw Heroic Adventures will no longer consume the repaired keys on entry to the tower rooms.
- Year of Darkpaw Heroic Adventures now have the standard 6-hour lock-out timer.
- Coin is no longer temporarily granted in monster missions.
- The Tides of Time anniversary tower can now be located using the Zone Guide and Find Window.
- Changed the final three raids in Laurions Song to use the old reward system. Note: This system is less reliable at delivering rewards if you are zoning at the time the event ends.
- Fixed an issue that caused hidden players to remain visible after casting an invisibility spell.
- Unhiding no longer removes invisibility buffs.
- Fixed a bug where changing personas or shrouding did not correctly apply a previous illusion.
- Renamed all spells with both a Roman Numeral ordinal and a letter-designated rank (Azia, Beza, or Caza) to have a consistent order. They should all be in the form of "Spellname IX Caza" now.
- Added zone-based monsters to the Magician monster summoning spells for Veil of Alaris to Laurion's Song zones.
- Beastlord, Magician, and Necromancer focusable pets from level 116-120 have been rebalanced. Base pets and focused pets below Enhanced Minion XXVII will be stronger than they were, but focused pets of Enhanced Minion XXVIII or higher will be weaker.
- Shaman - The Spiritual Surge line of spells can no longer be twincast.
- Cleric - Corrected the Resist Poison and Resist Disease values for Hammer of the Remembered.
- Cleric - Corrected an issue where several spells in the Rallied Rampart of Vie line were casting the wrong version of Light of Vie on fade.
- Rogue - Corrected a pronoun issue in the spell landed message for the Toxic Blade line of abilities.
- Bard - Fixed an issue where many songs in the Veshma's Crescendo line were not as powerful as intended.
- Berserker - Fixed descriptions for the Rage Strike ability line.
- Shadowknight - Fixed some descriptions in the Touch/Gift line.
- Shadowknight - Fixed a few spelling issues with the description of the Unholy Guardian Spell line.
- Beastlord - Reduced the power of pets summoned by the Howling at the Moon line and increased the chance for two pets to be summoned.
- Necromancer - Reduced the power of the pets summoned by the Call Skeleton Swarm line to bring them back in line with Magician pets. Renamed the spells in the line to reflect that only one skeleton is summoned.
- AAs granted via rewards should now correctly apply to all personas. This includes Banestrike, Essence of the Dragon, Hero's Barracks, Hero's Fortitude, Hero's Resolution, Hero's Vitality, and Trophy Collector.
- Paladin - Updated the Focus AA, Extended Preservation of Marr, reducing the current max rank to 19 and the bonus it provides the Preservation of Tunare spell line to 96 seconds additional duration and 62 additional charges at rank 19.
- Paladin - Added a new Focus AA, Extended Rejuvenating Steel, that increases the duration and available charges of the Rejuvenating Steel spell line by 36 seconds and 12 charges at max rank.
- Paladin/Shadowknight - Updated the Focus AA, Extended Steely Stance, so that ranks 6-7 are now free but no longer increase duration beyond the 25 ticks added via rank 5.
- Berserker/Warrior - Updated the Archetype AA, Battle Leap, to provide its base melee damage bonus as an always-active passive effect starting at rank 8.
- Additionally, added a damage component to all ranks of the activated leap that hits for up to 95k at max rank. A new rank has also been added for Laurion's Song, available at level 125, and an issue with the Auto Grant expansion check for ranks 4 through 7 has been fixed.
- Berserker - Updated the Focus AA, Hastened Mangling Discipline, to provide up to 10 minutes of reuse reduction at max rank to all ranks of Mangling Discipline.
- Necromancer - Updated the Class AA, Hand of Death, so that rank 11 is an upgrade over previous ranks.
- Necromancer - Updated the Class AA, Blood Magic, so that the duration of the rank 15 and 16 spells match rank 14 (36 seconds) and updated the cast time of the rank 16 spell to be 2.5 seconds.
- Necromancer - Updated the Archetype AA, Critical Affliction, so that ranks 18-20 are upgrades over previous ranks.
- Enchanter/Magician/Wizard - Updated the Archetype AA, Arcane Whisper, to actually reduce hate. Additionally, all ranks have been rebalanced, culminating in -420k flat hate and -10% current hate at max rank, which is now rank 21 instead of rank 18.
- Shaman - Updated the Archetype AA, Malaise/Wind of Malaise, so that Rank 38 of Malaise and 15 of Wind of Malaise now require level 122 to purchase, the same level required to learn Malosinera.
- Shaman - Updated the Class AA, Union of Spirits, so that ranks 22-33 provide stat buffs equivalent to ranks of Ancestral Aid available at the same levels (100-115).
- Bard - Updated the Class AA, Rallying Call/Solo, so that the endurance regen (which is intentionally much lower than the mana regen) is listed as a separate value in the AA and spell description. Also slightly increased endurance regen at ranks 8-11, to 2100 at max rank.
- Pets will now attempt to equip items given to them into the left and right version of their ear, finger, and wrist slots.
- Fixed an issue with erroneous spells being cast from blight speakers in Bloodmoon Keep.
- Zones will no longer auto-suspend mercenaries due to being over capacity.
- Corrected an issue that caused a mercenary's buffs to expire when their level changed.
- Mercenary slots from the Hero's Barracks AA should now properly update when changing personas.
- Fixed an issue where mercenaries would die when zoning from floating zones after entering the new zone.
- Unsuspending a mercenary with a higher-level persona than they were suspended at sets their health to the maximum level.
- Vaniki: The achievement for defeating Sendaii, the Hive Queen now has a one-level grace.
- Removed the loot lockout enforcement on the Hive Guardians in Arthicrex.
- Corpses are tired of standing around.
- Corrected an issue that caused upgrading a Heroic character to fail after recently deleting one.
- Fixed issue where the Map window would be blank after swapping personas.
- Players will now have full health after swapping personas.
- Made it so all max-level personas on an account count towards the legacy XP bonus and fixed a bug where camping with a non-max-level persona would cause a max-level character to not count.
- Corrected an issue where secondary weapons could proc for characters without dual-wield skill.
- Added a single slot Hero's Forge keyring slot option in the marketplace.
- Tuned Memory.ini settings to improve graphics memory usage and performance. Improved deferred loading of textures and animations.
- DirectX 11 Changes:
- Additional fixes for kaleidoscope-like rendering artifacts.
- Fixed Windows 10/11 display flickering caused by FLIP mode.
- Fixed an issue where new UI engine windows sometimes didn't load their default position.
- Added Center Vertically and Center Horizontally options to the window arrange menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused new UI engine windows to not scale properly between play sessions.
- New chat filters related to critical hits should now properly save.
- Moved many combat related chat filters to the Combat tab by default. Note that this will only affect a new UI.
- Fixed an issue where direct damage of players hitting themselves would incorrectly go to the Direct Damage (Yours) filter.
- Added a warning to the surname change confirmation dialog to inform the player that if their existing surname was granted by a GM they will not be able to switch back.
- When a player is invited to a group and then swaps personas the Follow button in the Group window will now remain enabled.
- Updated experienced-based chat messages to use the Experience chat filter.
- Removed Heroic Character options when creating a new Persona. Personas can still be upgraded using the options in the Inventory window.
- Fixed character creation after canceling creating a new persona.
- Added HTML attributes to new UI engine windows so they can easily be centered in any screen resolution.
- Fixed tooltips not working on disabled buttons in new UI engine windows.
- Removed flashing and hitching during ALT-ENTER and ALT-TAB full screen transitions.
- DirectX 11 Changes:
- Fixed 2.0 Pixel Shader usage.
- Applied a speculative fix for some kaleidoscope-like rendering artifacts.
The EverQuest Team
Click on Read More to see all of the site updates for the Month of January 2024.
Game update hit today. With it, new anniversary content is released. Check out our Anniversary Page to see information on the new content. We'll keep adding the new anniversary content as they release it.
Patch notes are below.
Quests & Events
The EverQuest Team
November 15, 2023
*** Tradeskills ***
- The recipe for Song: Pests of the Piper Rk. II should now make much more sense.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Fixed a bug where rewards from shroud missions wouldn't display properly and were unable to be selected.
*** AA ***
- Added an additional rank of Disruptive Persecution to the Terror of Luclin AAs, available at level 120, that procs Knight's Yaulp VI.
*** Overseer ***
- Optimized UX for starting quests and improved performance.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Updated /camp to accept the 'fast' parameter which allows camping immediately in zones that allow fast camping. This can be used in conjunction with existing parameters.
- The /follow command will no longer consider player corpses as potential targets when a name is provided.
*** UI ***
- Adjusted the color of the health bar in the Target of Target window and the window's default position.
- Windows using the new UI engine can no longer be resized if they are locked.
- Fixed a bug where duplicate buffs would always display the last caster as the caster of the buff.
- Created a new chat filter for Raid Victory Messages to reduce system messages spam.
- Converted the Casting Window to the new UI.
- Added commas to the display of guild tribute amount.
- Fixed an issue where the Respawn Window could become unresponsive.
- Added -
- Changed -
- The EverQuest Team
Click on Read More to see all of the updates for the month of October.
Also, we're busy working on the beta for Laurion's Song so stay tuned...