Beneficial events can occur during crafting which will prove very useful for tradeskillers. There are three different events, each providing a handy bonus for the skilled artisan.
- These events can occur on any recipe within the main profession fields, plus tinkering and adorning.
- The rare is based off the skill you are using on the current recipe.
- There are no special events for the Alternate-Art (Cross-Discipline) skills (geomancy, apothecary, weaving, and timbercraft)
- These events use the regular crafting icons, but display a unique name. To counter them, use an Art with the same icon.
- These events have a audible indicator when they have happened, countered or not. It's a drum roll, or the rumbling noise of the ward spell being cast.
- These events have a visual effect much like the ward particle effect when they have happened, countered or not. On failure it is a red particle effect. See the individual events below for success effect colors.
(Uncommon) (name: <Profession>'s Insight)
- Countering this event gives +150 progress and +150 durability to the item you're making. It also gives you an 8-minute buff that increases your crafting technique by 25.
- Benefit: This is very useful for crafters preparing for a tricky combine. For example, you may warm up by creating some components that trigger a Technique Buff, so that your final product will take advantage of this handy skill bonus.
- Failing to counter this event gives +150 progress and +150 durability to the item you're making.
- Successfully countering this event will result in a purple particle effect followed by a ward-like effect for the duration of the buff.
(Rare) (name: Flawless <something>)
- Countering this event will cause the item you're currently making to instantly become pristine by adding +1000 progress and +1000 durability. It also causes no components to be consumed in the production of the item.
- Benefit: Think of this as being like a critical hit for tradeskillers. An instant pristine item! And you were so efficient you have enough supplies to make another!
- Failing to counter this event gives +350 progress and +350 durability to the item you're making.
- Successfully counting this event will result in a green particle effect.
(Extremely Rare) (name: Favor of Innovation)
- Countering this event will cause the item you're currently making to instantly become pristine by adding +1000 progress and +1000 durability. It also provides the crafter a rare harvested item appropriate to their level range and profession.
- Benefit: Think of this event as the gods of Innovation bestowing favor upon you for your skill and ingenuity. Not only do you get a pristine item, but a valuable harvested component as well!
- Failing to counter this event gives +500 progress and +500 durability to the item you're making.
- Successfully countering this event will result in a rainbow-colored particle effect.
|Note from Frizznik, former Tradeskill Developer, who introduced these events: "When I tell you that this event is ultra rare, I am not kidding. If two people, one harvesting, and one back to back tradeskilling, were in a race to get the ebon cluster? The harvestor would win." And he said that back when rares were really, really rare.
(Rare) (name: Far Seas Innovation)
This is new with The Shadow Odyssey. You have a chance of getting one of the following:
|Parts of this page were originally a guide, located here, written by Calthine.
This page last modified 2010-08-16 13:10:50.