|Game Update #57
|August 18, 2010
Game Update 57 released to the Live servers on Wednesday August 18, 2010.
Three new tradeskill series were introduced in GU57.
- Our tradeskill quest guide was also revamped recently!
Many classes became neutral in GU57. The pages below were updated to reflect these changes.
Frostfang Sea, Greater Faydark and Darklight Wood all had varying degrees of changes to their quest series. All four starting areas had a mount added into their quest series.
Intra-zone travel now fully links to all destinations in a zone. We have updated our transportation guide to be in-line with this change.
The Druid Ring Recontruction Event has been extended to last throughout all of GU57! Make sure you spend your florets before GU58 hits Live servers.
Patch notes are from the 8/18/2010 release of GU57 on the Live servers.
- Many quests will now highlight areas on the map to show where updates can be obtained.
- Quests must be active in the quest helper window for their RoIs to display.
- Mousing over a quest in the quest helper window will highlight its corresponding RoIs on the map.
- Mousing over RoIs on the map will display info on the quest they are associated with.
- Quests in the following zones currently support this feature:
- Frostfang Sea, Darklight Wood, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep, Lavastorm, Kylong Plains, Butcherblock, Steamfont, The Barren Sky, The Bonemire, Tenebrous Tangle, and Sinking Sands.
- The Default UI now ships with two color options; red and blue. Use the /loadui command to change color schemes.
- A clock and compass have been integrated into the mini-map window (the old compass and clock UI elements were not removed and can be opened using Alt-N and Alt-C respectively).
- At the bottom of the screen you will now find the Nav bar, which replaces the old experience bar and includes the EQII button and shortcuts to various UI windows (you can right-click minimize/maximize the NAV bar to hide the various shortcut keys, except for the SC and EQII buttons).
- New tutorial windows have been created to help ease new players into the game.
- The Marketplace window has been upgraded for easier browsing. An item preview pane has also been added.
- The Welcome window layout has been reorganized to make it easier to read.
- The Inventory and Persona windows were merged to create the Character window (the shortcut key for this new window is C).
- Z is now the default for crouch.
- The casting, breath and PvP immunity bars have been updated with a new look.
- The hotbar has been reworked and is now easier to manipulate.
- If a new spell is a newer version of an old spell on your hotbar it will replace the older version rather than adding a new button on your hotbar.
- Spell effects that are not able to crit will say â€œThis effect cannot be critically appliedâ€ in the spell description.
- You can now freely move any UI window when viewing them in F10 mode.
- You can now disable the confirmation when spending AA points under Options -> UI -> Game Features.
- The character creation process has been reorganized for a better flow (models will now default to their SOGA versions during character creation).
- More classes are now neutral:
- Neutral: Troubador, Dirge, Ranger, Assassin, Templar, Inquisitor, Fury, Warden, Coercer, Illusionist, Wizard, Warlock, Bruiser, Monk, **Guardian, and Berserker
- Good: Swashbuckler, Mystic, Conjurer, and Paladin
- Evil: Brigand, Defiler, Necromancer, and Shadowknight
We are updating, optimizing and standardizing every class spell visual in the game. AA and Entertainment spells are next on the list and will be revealed in a later game update.
The purpose for these changes are primarily to optimize and individualize as many spells as possible so there will be more uniqueness to each class. Also we would like for more players to have the ability to keep the spell FX active during group and raid content and still be able to tell what is going on.
We analyzed the text and effects of each spell and made every effort to standardize the type of damage being done or the type of buff, heal, summon, etc. Also since we picked a single name for the spells instead of getting a new name with every spell upgrade, we tried to give the spell a visual that not only matched the damage done, but also the name of the spell.
When you start a new character you will have Apprentice spells. This spell tier along with Journeyman will have a beginner level of FX in both size and quantity. Later when you acquire Adept or Expert versions of the spells the level of FX will increase. Finally when you acquire Master and Grandmaster versions of the spells you will experience the full FX force of that spell.
One of the unique features of spells in EverQuest II is the leveling of spell skills. As you cast destructive spells your skill in Disruption increases. Healing spells increase Ministration. Buff and debuff spells increase Ordination and Crowd Control and Summon spells increase Subjugation (see Figure A in the Game Update Notes forum section). Other than the chat window there was no real indication which spells increased which status. Therefore we created the spell wheel. Mages, Bards and Priests will see the spell wheel spin while casting and the corresponding Rune will show up when that skill is used. Casting runes will all emanate from the caster's feet as part of their traditional casting rings.
Finally we set up Icons for the various other buffs in the game to show players when they are getting an increase or decrease to Intelligence, Wisdom, Focus, etc. (see Figure B in the Game Update Notes forum section)
- Inner zone travel locations now support path linking. This means when travelling via sokokar/horse/balloon you will be able to select any location in the zone that is an available travel point and let the mount do the rest.
- The KOS cloud pads can now teleport you to any other pad within the same zone.
- Cloud travel around KOS zones can now be done via the Overrealms Tour Agency. They offer tour route services for Tenebrous, Barren Sky, and Bonemire.
- The zone-ins for the erudin group instances have been reworked:
- All three zones are now reachable by clicking the appropriate object at Marred Plateau.
- When entering these zones it should now zone your group in like other group instances.
- Entering the Palace of Roehn Theer has not changed.
- Weapon appearance slots are no longer restricted to being the same wield style of your equipped weapons.
- Appearance slots are no longer restricted to levels 20 and higher.
- Linkdead timeouts should now occur less frequently.
- Lucan D'Lere has returned to Freeport! His Lucanic Knights have retaken the streets of from the Dreadnaughts and Thexians.
- The hooluk collector in the Barren Sky is now in the Windgazer's Hideout with the banker. The hooluks have also joined the wider trade community of Norrath and installed a broker and mail kiosk.
- New neutral class trainers have opened for business in Qeynos, Freeport, Neriak, Kelethin, Gorowyn and New Halas!
- The book, "The Case of the Lost Lute" is now available for purchase from the Sage NPCs in South Qeynos, North Freeport and New Halas if player is a troubador, level 80+ and does not already have the book.
- The "wall mounted Halasian Weapon Rack" now mounts properly in houses.
- The Vambraces of Plated Ice have had their stats adjusted to be consistent with similar healer shoulder items in Icy Keep.
- The Band of the Corruptor's effect Pure Corruption now also procs agility.
- The "Bauble of Holidays Past" description has been made a bit more specific, and the particles should be easier to see.
- The appearance armor sets sold in Erronson's Fur and Leathers shop in New Halas are now heirloom instead of no trade.
- It is now much easier to change which holiday-themed effect is triggered by the Bauble of Holidays Past.
- Swift Claws from the Claws of Jojo will no longer cause stacking issues with Furious Blows.
- The Seeker's Disc of Darktruth is now usable by level 80 crafters.
- The "Guild Hall Kunark Writ Agent" now offers writs to Guild members that are citizens of New Halas.
- Guild hall harvester hirelings no longer spam you with a list of every item they brought back.
- Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs and raw vanilla can now be placed in supply depots.
- "Call of City" spells now properly apply their new reuse and casting speed on PVP Servers.
- Fighter heals can no longer critically heal.
- Fighters will no longer automatically receive â€œInterceptâ€ at level 6.
- Crusaders will no longer automatically receive â€œPledge of Armamentâ€ at level 17.
- Berserkers will no longer automatically receive â€œEnrageâ€ at level 8.
- Berserkers will no longer automatically receive Mock and Mock II.
- Berserkers now receive â€œBody Checkâ€ at level 8.
- Berserkers now receive â€œRupture IIâ€ at level 6.
- Berserkers now receive â€œReckless Aideâ€ at level 21.
- Berserkers now receive â€œDestructive Rageâ€ at level 18.
- Berserkers now receive â€œAbandoned Fury IIâ€ at level 16.
- Berserkers now receive "Raging Blow" at level 3 and "Body Check" at level 2.
- Berserker â€œPerseveranceâ€ now has a 60 second reuse time.
- The Berserker ability â€œBody Checkâ€ no longer requires a shield.
- â€œWall of Rageâ€ no longer snares the caster.
- Bruisers will no longer automatically receive â€œSlurred Insultâ€ and â€œSlurred Insult II.â€
- Bruisers will now receive â€œPummel IIâ€ at level 6.
- Bruisers will no longer automatically receive â€œAbuseâ€ at level 8.
- Bruisers will now receive â€œShrug Offâ€ at level 21.
- Bruisers will now receive â€œSmoldering Fists IIâ€ at level 16.
- Guardians will no longer automatically receive Provoke and Provoke II.
- Guardians will no longer automatically receive â€œShoutâ€ at level 8.
- Guardians now receive â€œBash IIâ€ at level 8.
- Guardians now receive â€œOverpower IIâ€ at level 6.
- Guardians now receive â€œNever Surrenderâ€ at level 21.
- Guardians now receive â€œBattle Tacticsâ€ at level 18.
- Guardians now receive â€œForward Charge IIâ€ at level 16.
- The Guardian ability â€œShield Bashâ€ is now â€œBashâ€ and no longer requires a shield.
- â€œHunker Downâ€ no longer snares the caster.
- Monks will no longer automatically receive â€œSilent Threatâ€ and â€œSilent Threat II.â€
- Monks will no longer automatically receive â€œChallengeâ€ at level 8.
- Monks will now receive â€œTranquil Visionâ€ at level 21.
- Monks will now receive â€œFlow Like Wind IIâ€ at level 16.
- All versions of Will of the Heavens can now be cast while the monk is feared.
- Paladins will no longer automatically receive â€œClarionâ€ and â€œClarion II.â€
- Paladins will now receive â€œFaith Strike IIâ€ at level 6.
- Paladins will now receive â€œWrath Stance IIâ€ at level 16.
- Paladins will now receive â€œCrusadeâ€ at level 18.
- Paladins will now receive â€œResolute Faithâ€ at level 21.
- Paladin "Judgment" is now a Fist for the Heroic Opportunities.
- â€œHeroic Dashâ€ no longer requires a shield or symbol to be equipped.
- Shadowknights will now receive â€œPainbringer IIâ€ at level 6.
- Shadowknights will now receive â€œDevious Evasionâ€ at level 21.
- Shadowknights will now receive â€œUnholy Strengthâ€ at level 18.
- Shadowknights will now receive â€œDark Blade IIâ€ at level 16.
- Shadowknight â€œUnholy Strength VIâ€ no longer has a casting time.
- Shadowknight "Malice" is now a Fist for the Heroic Opportunities.
- â€œHateful Slamâ€ no longer requires a shield or symbol to be equipped.
- Scouts will no longer automatically receive â€œEvadeâ€ at level 6.
- Assassins will no longer automatically receive â€œMurderous Designâ€ at level 11.
- Assassins will now be granted Villainy at level 11.
- Brigands now receive â€œMugâ€ at level 6.
- Dirges now receive â€œTarven's Crippling Crescendoâ€ at level 6.
- Rangers will no longer automatically receive â€œPrimal Reflexesâ€ at level 11.
- Rangers will now be granted â€œHunter's Instinctâ€ at level 11.Assassins and Rangers now gain the new spell â€œHilt Strikeâ€ at level 6.
- Swashbucklers now receive â€œDouble-Crossâ€ at level 6.
- Troubadors now receive â€œVexing Versesâ€ at level 6.
- Mages will no longer gain â€œBind Sightâ€ automatically. It is now a fun spell and can be bought from the class trainers.
- Dispel Magic is now Absorb Magic and now also drains a small amount of power. It no longer has a power cost.
- Summoners will now receive their first version of Vampire Bats at level 10.
- Summoners: â€œAqueous Stoneâ€ is now â€œAqueous Soulâ€ and no longer summons an item that grants water breathing. It now simply casts water breathing on the target.
- Warlocks will no longer automatically get â€œNullifyâ€ at level 10.
- Warlocks will now get â€œVacuum Fieldâ€ at level 4.
- Void Contract now costs less health to cast below level 40.
- Wizards will no longer automatically get â€œCeaseâ€ at level 10.
- Wizards will now gain â€œIce Spearsâ€ at level 4.
- Vital Transfer now costs less health to cast below level 40.
- Coercers will no longer automatically receive â€œMesmerizeâ€ at level 1.
- â€œShift Manaâ€ now has a lower health cost at low levels.
- Illusionists will no longer automatically receive â€œEntranceâ€ at level 1.
- â€œExtract Manaâ€ now has a lower health cost at low levels.
- Priests will no longer receive the spell â€œSummon Food and Water.â€
- Priests will now receive â€œWrathâ€ at level 6.
- Clerics will now receive â€œSootheâ€ at level 30.
- Legionnaire's Focus now is 2% heal potency rather than 2% heal crit bonus per rank.
- Allied Prayers now gives 4% heal potency per rank rather than 3% heal potency and 3% critical chance.
- Coercive Healing now affects Chilling Invigoration.
- Lifeburn can no longer be dispelled.
- The quest book "Remembrances - Tel'riia'mil'an'ane'ie" will now update in any zone, not just in the Obelisk of Lost Souls, which should make evil eyes easier to obtain.
- The named nightbloods required for â€œThe Mysterious Draflingâ€ quest should now spawn automatically if you are on the quest, and will not appear at all if you are not.
- New Halas writs have been added to the Moors of Ykesha.
- Writ giver Ankinil Zo'Ro in Butcherblock now offers Gorowyn citizens city writs from level 20.
- Neriak: Players of any evil alignment can now speak with Zintra for the quest "Eight Legs Are Better Than Two."
- The quest â€œExile to Neriak - Sun Dazzled Vampsâ€ now allows you to use the sunstones on any of the T'Rethir vampires, not just priests.
- Players tagging chokidai together for the quest "Keeping Tabs" will now receive updates as a group.
- It is now easier to obtain quest updates for â€œCaustic Actionâ€, â€œA Key To The Pastâ€, and â€œFar Seas Requisition - TS0703-SCOâ€
- A number of quests in the Sanctum of the Scaleborn and the Feerrott now have a greater chance to obtain the quest item when a creature is killed.
- The quests â€œThe Mystery of the Cursed Towerâ€ and â€œWatching the Watchman!â€ should sort properly by current zone in your quest journal.
- â€œBattle of Ages Pastâ€ should now give you the Jin'tu's gift ability along with the item. If you already have the item all you need to do is use it to receive the ability in your book.
- The quest â€œTo Catch The Skyâ€ now directs you to a new, safer location to catch the piece of sky.
- Mist essences now only drop from cloudmist walkers when you are actually on the quest â€œThe Inhabitants of Cloudmist Isleâ€.
- The "Enervated Vel'Arek" guardian weapon can now call upon Vel'Arek to offer the quest "Revitalizing Vel'Arek" or progress it.
- Halas Citizens with the quest "A Final Froglok Word" will now find they can converse with Lady Erillis.
- Quartermaster Lewyn in Qeynos Harbor will now converse with New Halas citizens if they have found the patterns she is interested in.
- Scholars can now make level 10-19 bracelets.
- Representatives of the Ironforge Exchange and Coalition of Tradesfolke are now stationed in New Halas and may have crafting work to offer to players tradeskill level 10 or higher.
- The Totem of Escape and Totem of the Great Chameleon are now usable at level 30.
- Artisans of the 20th rank or higher who are interested in working for the Far Seas Trading Company should seek out trade liaison Cordelia Galeston at the Butcherblock Mountains docks for more information.
- â€œPristineâ€ has been removed from all tradeskill equipment as the name was a holdover from when you used to be able to make multiple qualities of the same item. All tradeskill equipment should be title cased as well.
- The tinkered weapons Troll Snot Flinger, Gnarmy, and Tinkered Turkey Launcher now have improved visual effects.
- The names of Vampire Bats, Raging Blow, and Body Check recipes have changed slightly (e.g. Vampire Bats II is now Vampire Bats III) so tradeskillers may wish to double check which level of these spells they are creating for customers.
- Karalyn Cinderton in the Steamfont Mountains is seeking assistance from tradeskillers level 30 and higher.
Academy of Logistics engineers have completed their changes to the layout of the city of Gorowyn. They sincerely hope that the improved city layout will be easier to negotiate for Gorowyn residents, will promote more tourism to Gorowyn, and will reduce the number of completely lost rangers that the guards keep finding in obscure corners of the city.
The Nursery in Greater Faydark is under attack! New characters starting in Greater Faydark will have to help save the blooms of the Nursery and thwart the plans of the Grobin clan of goblins. Can you help the Matron and her friends ensure the safety of the unborn fae?
- Hate's Envy has come under attack by Sablevein elementals! Adventurers starting there will find themselves quickly enlisted to repel the assault before all of Hate's Envy is razed!
- Thexian invaders continue to cause trouble within Darklight Wood. Members of the Dread Guard are seeking the assistance of adventurers at T'Vatar Outpost!
- Several Nerian citizens have gone missing from Wanderlust Fair. New adventurers emerging from Neriak should speak with Malyl N'Vazin to look into this matter.
- New Halas City Faction merchant, Mirva Kilgour, is now selling titles!
- Pilgrims' Landing is under attack by Ry'Gorr orcs! Adventurers starting there will find themselves being thrust into the fray, very quickly.
- The zone boss Ka'El Ka'Vrish should do significantly less damage when casting Ravage.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes characters could get stuck in a battleground.
- Players who are reviving when a battleground match completes will still get credit for completing the match.
GU57 went launched on the Test Server on July 27, 2010.
This page last modified 2010-11-10 17:15:00.